Senior Planner, Project Management team
We invite you to bring your expertise into play as you become involved of planning of projects across the UK, and possibly also in overseas locations. Therefore, notwithstanding that the position will predominantly be office based, including potentially working from co-located client/project offices, occasional travel will be necessary. To succeed in this role, you must have Design / construction experience preferred in Infrastructure / Buildings and significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera P6. Are you our new Senior Planner? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Transport Development department
As our new Senior Planner you will be part of providing planning services for internal and external clients on a wide range of Transport schemes including civils/highways, rail infrastructure and aviation. Ramboll’s transport division has grown greatly in Birmingham over the last 12 months, which positions us well for future projects. Ramboll operations a flexible working policy, and with this you will be part of an exciting team of experts, who respects each other and works towards a common goal.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Produce tender stage and contract programmes from client specifications
- Provide planning and resource scheduling support for Project Managers and Engineering design team
- Prepare, monitor, co-ordinate and maintain detailed project programmes, including critical path analysis, encompassing design
- Prepare Earned Value Analysis
- Prepare relevant "S" curves
- Liaison with client, project team, and sub-contractors to obtain progress update and advise status
- Analyze the activities, durations, links, and critical path; inform the Project Managers when variations or delays from the plan are detected; forecast completion dates; and recommend recovery plans to mitigate delays
- Maintain programme information to enable accurate records of contract history to be accessed
- Identification and implementation of project planning processes & procedures.
- Support assist and coach less experienced planners
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Design / construction experience, preferably in Infrastructure / Buildings.
- Significant experience in all aspects of planning and scheduling in Primavera P6.
- Working knowledge of MS Project preferable.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience or knowledge of resourcing, progress measurement, earned value analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting
- A confident and professional manner, coupled with excellent communication skills, with clients and colleagues alike, to ensure clarity in all situations and to effectively influence.
- Ability to work well under pressure and proven ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Ideally possess good knowledge in NEC conditions of contract for construction.
- Full UK driving licence.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include: Self-motivated and able to work well on your own initiative. Highly organized and able to prioritize. Ability to collaborate and build relationships across the wider teams
Welcome to our Transport division
Ramboll is a global transportation consultancy and we work on some of the biggest and most innovative infrastructure projects in the world. We are close to 3,000 bright minds working within Transport worldwide, creating practical, sustainable and economic solutions for national transport authorities, private contractors and municipalities alike.
Ramboll in the United Kingdom
Ramboll is ranked a Top 10 consultant in the UK and has 1,300 bright minds working across 17 offices to apply their passion to deliver innovative solutions across Buildings, Transport, Environment & Health and Energy. We love seeing our talents develop and succeed and you will have opportunities to work on challenging and inspiring projects within an environment that is friendly, open and supportive.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Ramboll UK is an equal opportunities employer.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Haku päättyy 2019-02-01