Senior Engineer, Ground Engineering team
Ramboll are looking for Senior Geotechnical Engineers with proven design experience to join our busy and dynamic team in Chester. This is an outstanding opportunity to progress your career that will offer you challenging and varied work on large projects throughout the company, along with a highly competitive package.
Reporting to an Associate or Technical Director you will utilise your previous experience, skills and knowledge to participate on a variety of Ground Engineering and Infrastructure projects spread across the whole asset lifecycle from conceptual and detailed design through to assessment.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2, design of offshore wind farms, development of ports and marinas, complex urban building projects, design of major new transport crossings in the UK and overseas, renewal of London’s trunk road network in London, Metro Stations in the UK and overseas, tunnel design in Moscow and complex soil/structure numerical modelling. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- You will be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of geotechnical services to other disciplines within the organisation for small to medium sized projects and form part of a team delivering larger, more complex projects under the leadership of the discipline manager
- Within the company you will be working alongside the rest of the Ground Engineering team, and also teams of all disciplines nationally and internationally across the Ramboll Group
- Promote the Ramboll brand and undertake business development
- Apply and promote policies relating to health and safety, quality, and the development of others
- Assist in providing guidance to less experienced staff to help deliver projects and will be able to deal with internal and external clients
- Take a Project Manager role for single discipline projects and represent Ramboll at external client meetings
- Plan, undertake, coordinate, and supervise technical work on bids and projects
- Assist with project bidding and input to the procurement of new work for the Ground Engineering teams and in collaboration with other teams
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in geotechnical design
- Past experience of numerical modelling, Infrastructure earthwork engineering, and/or tunnel design is advantageous
- A relevant engineering degree
- Capable of working independently and leading design activities
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer, or will have gained sufficient experience to obtain full membership, of an appropriate professional institution
- Capability in leading design teams and business promotion not essential, but preferred
- Evidence of leadership of technical design teams on complex infrastructure projects
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Haku päättyy 2019-02-01