Principal Engineer, Infrastructure & Highways team
Ramboll are currently seeking a Principal Engineer who will support the Infrastructure & Highways team in our Southampton Office.
Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector. We design a variety of bridges and roads in urban and rural, commercial, industrial, educational and residential contexts, together with landmark buildings for airports and railway stations.
Ramboll’s ownership structure (we are wholly owned by the charitable Ramboll Foundation) gives us the stability to take the long view, freed from the imperatives of shareholders and the stock market. This long term view is central to how we operate and how we go about creating lasting relationships with our clients. As a result, Ramboll is associated with some of the world's most respected, fully integrated infrastructure and transportation projects. From iconic projects such as Ferrari World, Tate Modern and the Queensferry Crossing, to ongoing ground breaking projects like HS2 and the new International Airport in Gabon, the role will involve liaison with both private and public clients, local authorities and external stakeholders. From feasibility studies, assessments and research, through planning and negotiations, to construction and operations, Ramboll provides unparalleled experience in this sector.
- Will be responsible for managing the production of technical design information including reports, drawings and specifications for the infrastructure associated projects
- Working directly with key customers to identify needs for solutions and delivery of such solution
- The successful candidate will be expected to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision, whilst also managing and supporting the supervision of junior team members.
- Expected to carry out technical reviews and the checking of design information and reports prepared by other engineers in the team
- Assist with the production of proposals for new commissions, and undertaking project management and financial control of small to medium sized projects
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Thorough understanding of projects’ contractual, financial and commercial arrangements and how these may impact on design solutions
- Experience in the design and project management of roads and drainage for residential, commercial and retail developments and will be responsible for the production of detailed design information, technical reports, drawings, tender documents and specifications.
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
- Initiates and generates activity with commitment and engagement, taking responsibility for actions, projects and people
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency of industry standard software including Windes, PDS, AutoCAD, Civils 3D etc. and act as a technical mentor to junior team members
- Demonstrate experience using design standards such as Sewers for Adoption, Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads & Bridges and BSEN Standards
- Proven examples in successful design delivery of highways and drainage infrastructure to adoptable standards including the successful negotiation of Section 104, Section 38 and Section 278 Agreements are required
- The candidate will also be expected to take an active role in driving Technical Excellence within the team, and wider Group, which will involve developing and leading in the following areas:-
- Strengthening BIM/3D Modelling skills and expanding the team portfolio
- Improving efficiency through use of engineering software
- Sharing technical knowledge between London and regional offices
- Awareness of industry standards and their influence on Ramboll
- Improving quality of the team output including drawings, models, reports, specifications
- Expanding our portfolio in 3D utilities coordination
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- BEng/MEng (Hons) Degree in Civil Engineering
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer, MICE
- Ability to build good relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business
- Proven ability to deliver results within challenging deadlines
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to work on own initiative
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- Flexible working
- Excellent career growth and development opportunities
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding team within the UK
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility
As well as your C.V, please include a cover letter and provide the following information
- Why you think you would be a good fit for the role
- Your notice period in your current position (or if immediately available)
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to process incomplete applications.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer.
Haku päättyy 2018-12-20