Design Engineer - Geotechnical - Bridges& Civils
Position : Assistant Design Engineer - Geotechnical
Location : Gurgaon
Reports to : HoD –Bridges & Civils
Ramboll is a world class, innovation driven engineering design consultancy owned by an independent trust and its employees. With its headquarters and heritage in Denmark, Ramboll is expanding its experience and expertise globally. Central to this, is a highly sophisticated center of engineering excellence and expertise collocated with our India head office in Gurgaon. Working in partnership with all our established offices globally, the Rambol Engineering Centre (REC) will be a center for excellence in design by offering optimized solutions to the rest of the organization.
We are looking for the best in class; like-minded people who can join our exciting and fast moving organization and help deliver our vision. Preference will be given to graduates from premier engineering colleges including IITs’
Assistant Design Engineer shall co-ordinate with Project Manager & Team Leader and be primarily involved in delivering the scheduled tasks in the form of design calculations and drawings.
Key Job Areas:
As a core project member of the Civil & Tunnels team you will be responsible for:
- Interpretations of Geotechnical Investigation Reports and use of appropriate geotechnical/geological design parameters
- Soil Structural Interaction Analysis Modeling and Validation
- Support system Design of Tunnels/ Underground Caverns
- Slope Stability Analysis and Support Systems Design
- Settlement Prediction and Risk Assessments for Urban Structures
- Instrumentation and Monitoring Scheme Proposals and Data Reviewing
- Numerical Modeling and interpretation of results for Slopes Stability analysis, Tunnels and caverns stability analysis
- Prepare Geotechnical/Geological design specifications and design criteria
- Be responsible for cost analysis
- Utilize applicable national and international codes for Reinforced concrete/ Structural steel design.
- Make sure that projects meet legal guidelines.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
We are looking for self-motivated team members who meet the following requirements:
- M. Tech degree in Geotechnical/Rock Engineering from an institute of repute. PhD in Rock Mechanics/Geotechnics would be desirable.
- Must possess 2+ years hands-on design experience including in the Geotechnical design of heavy civil structures Foundations/Underground Power stations Caverns/Tunnels/Metro stations Rock Slopes, Earth retention system analysis and design and instrumentations & monitoring underground openings and slopes.
- Experience with the European design code (Euro codes)/ British Codes (BS) will be added advantage.
- Candidates having experience in working with Multinational Companies / overseas will be preferred.
- Proficiency in PHASE2, SWEDGE, UNWEDGE, PLAXIS 2D, SLOPEW
- Knowledge of other applicable software like FLAC 2D/3D, UDEC 2D/3D would be an advantage.
- Excellent command of the English Language with proven report writing skills.
- Have strong communication, client handling skills.
Should be a good team member and should coordinate with other team members and the project manager for timely delivery of project
Haku päättyy 2018-12-18