Entry-Level Consultant - Geologist/Engineer
Ramboll US Corporation (Ramboll) is a leading scientific environmental consulting firm providing a broad range of technical services to both public and private sector clients. As such, Ramboll has earned a reputation as a leader in the areas of environmental risk assessment and management, strategic compliance management and environmental liability.
Ramboll is seeking a highly motivated entry-level Consultant to join the firm’s Irvine or Los Angeles, California office in Spring/Summer 2019.
Typical responsibilities of this position may include:
- Implementing field investigations including air, soil gas, soil, and groundwater sampling programs under the direction of a registered Professional Geologist or Engineer.
- Implementing remedial activities and conducting system operation and maintenance at commercial and industrial sites.
- Overseeing monitoring well installation, development, and sampling.
- Data tabulation and analysis, including preparation of figures and charts.
- Data evaluation to determine the extent and magnitude of contamination for the design of remedial measures.
- Preparation of permit applications and/or overseeing implementation of permit conditions.
- Overseeing subcontractors with minimal supervision.
- Preparation of draft sections of technical reports based on the results of field sampling activities.
- Applying engineering design and evaluation skills to solve environmental problems.
- Following corporate health and safety standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- BS or MS Degree in Geology or Civil/Chemical/Environmental Engineering.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work as a responsible, independent team player in a consulting environment – including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong time-management skills with ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets.
- Experience with Microsoft Office; especially Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and reliable form of transportation. The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of a good driving record (MVR) and proof of personal insurance coverage.
- Geologist-in-Training or Engineer-in-Training certification.
- Completion of the OSHA 40-hour health and safety training course.
- Database (e.g., ACCESS) and GIS or AutoCAD skills.
- Environmental consulting experience.
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work out of the office approximately 75% of the time.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following actions while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals, fumes, odors, dusts, and gases). Worker may be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided as necessary.
This position may support sponsorship for the right candidate.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Haku päättyy 2019-01-30
Toimipiste Los Angeles, CA