An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Landscape Architect based in Ramboll’s landscape team and wider EIA team in our Edinburgh office.
We are recruiting for a Consultant/Landscape Architect to work predominantly on UK projects in the energy (renewables), transmission and linear infrastructure and property sectors, with the potential to support international Environmental, Social and Impact Assessments (ESIA).
The successful candidate should have a good understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and of the EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established landscape and EIA team in the delivery of a range of projects, across all sectors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Desk based environmental baseline data collection and interpretation
- Site inspections/field reconnaissance
- Preparation of written and graphic materials for inclusion in Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment chapters and allied reports
- Participation in client and project team events/meeting
- Consultation and liaison with stakeholders, statutory consultees and participation in public engagement events
- Participation in business development activities
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of industry standards and professional practice, be diligent, proactive and motivated, and flexible. The ability to build good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and project teams is essential. By the nature of the role, it is essential that the candidate will be well organisational and have good communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work successfully with colleagues and sub-consultants in the delivery of high quality and robust outputs
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Numerically competent
- Well organised and able to prioritise and manage their own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to use a range of IT packages (including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook) – experience using GIS software and other specialist graphic or analytical software such as Wind Farm and AutoCad is highly desirable
- Appropriate degree in Landscape Architecture (Essential)
- Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (Desirable, but Ramboll are able to support employees through the Landscape Institutes Pathways to Chartership programme if required)
- Full driving licence (essential)
- Prior project management experience
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 14,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations, and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Haku päättyy 2019-01-30