We are looking for a creative, passionate and experienced Graphic Designer to be part of a new and exciting Market Pursuits team in the UK. You will work with the Market Pursuits team, key account managers and market directors, to provide creativity and flair to our proposals and sales material. You will have close contact with the UK Marketing and Communications team to understand and interpret the Ramboll brand but will focus on the bidding/proposal stages of pursuits. You will provide guidance and mentoring to up-skill our Document Publishers and generate best practice that will be shared across the UK business.
Creative, organised, inspiring, knowledgeable, experienced, challenging, fun – are just some of the things we are looking for.
Our vision for bidding
Our vision is to create a central team who work together to deliver bidding excellence and help us win more, better. The team will work directly on our most important strategic bids, but at the same time build a centre of excellence. The ‘go to’ place for all our bids where we have access to our best material. This role will be central to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Visual brand guardian to ensure all design outputs are appropriate and on brand
- Adherence to all brand and design guidelines
- Ability to create ideas and generate new ways of doing things
- Manage multiple projects ensuring adherence to approved estimates and timelines
- Briefing and overseeing projects with other resources such as Document Publishers and external resources such as freelancers and agencies
- Lead the production of professional, on brand, eloquent and visually stimulating artwork for bids and pursuit efforts (proposals, presentation material, infographics etc)
- Preparing artwork for both digital outputs and professional print
- Ensure any new image assets are uploaded to the image bank, continuing to build a suite of imagery that is on brand and will distinguish us in the UK market
- Quality checking all design work, ensuring everything is correct, on brand and error free
- Establishing and sustaining a professional and productive rapport with all internal clients, ensuring you are seen as approachable, collaborative and decisive
- Present work and explain concepts at internal and external meetings
Required qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Relevant qualifications in Graphic Design
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Graphic Design in similar market/industry with evidence of work on proposals
- Excellent understanding and experience of applying best practice in brand design
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5/6, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat professional, along with other presentation software as appropriate
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge of print technologies, including litho and digital etc
- Knowledge of web and multimedia
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team in varying capacities
- Good leadership and communication skills, responsive and flexible
- Ability to build internal and external relationships effectively across sector and hierarchy
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure while maintaining a sense of humour!
- Creative out-of-the-box thinking
The Ramboll we know today is the direct continuation of the story our founders started in 1945. Johan Georg Hannemann was the highly talented engineer, Børge Johannes Rambøll was a strong humanist and social visionary acutely aware of the company's role in the development of society.
Over the next 60 years, the small partnership evolved into an international multi-disciplinary engineering company. But the small consultancy laid the ground for the Ramboll we know today - A highly principled company with a clear philosophy. Ramboll and Hannemann had strong personal beliefs and their convictions have served Ramboll well. Their Philosophy was ahead of it’s time and is entirely relevant today.
"The essence is that you have to behave properly and decently as a person and treat all others as you wish them to treat yourself. This relates to individual customers, colleagues and society as a whole”.
The highest ethical standards, responsibility towards society and happy staff underpin our approach to business. Today we stand upon the shoulders of our predecessors and continue to build the company upon the legacy created by our founders. We fundamentally believe in people’s inherent ability and understand the inspirational solutions we provide to our customers across the globe are entirely dependent on people’s creativity, insight and integrity.
Our local experience and understanding, combined with our global expertise, our strong ethical policies and our wholehearted determination to exceed expectations ensures we generate rigorous and exacting solutions for everything we undertake.
Our world is changing fast. We stand at a crossroads with society facing unprecedented challenges, the likes of which we have never seen before:
Natural resources are becoming scarce and yet energy consumption is rising; population is growing rapidly in developing countries, whilst it is ageing significantly in the developed world; infrastructure either doesn’t exist or is over capacity and failing; our climate is changing and the extremes we are seeing will become the norm; our economies are unbalanced and the gap between the haves and have not’s is wider than ever.
Solutions to these problems can be found in the philosophy laid down by Ramboll and Hanneman. It’s about doing less with more, acting with integrity, being able to empathise, taking the long view and developing holistic solutions.
As a business we are ideally placed to help respond to these challenges, so we come to the table, draw on our skills, contribute fully and have established ourselves as The Society Consultant.
We stand for creating inspiring, exacting and enduring solutions that enable people and nature to flourish. We are socially responsible. We believe in making a difference and developing sustainable societies. We bring a human touch.
We have an international outlook blended with Nordic principles and British engineering strength. In short, we are a unique high-quality consultancy with a deeply ethical standpoint.
Our distinctive approach has seen us nurture and build a truly diverse, unique, world-class and award-winning portfolio.
What sets us apart - The Human Touch
We display the human touch in everything we do. It sets us apart and allows us to grow as individuals and as a group.
Our work is of immense value to our clients. Our projects give back to the communities they sit in. We design in a responsible way – minimising the use of materials and minimising the energy needed to construct our projects and the energy in use. Socially responsible design is good design – it doesn’t cost more, but it does take special people with special mind sets to do it.
Our Scandinavian heritage sets us apart and foundation ownership makes a huge difference for the people who work with us and the people we work for.
What we offer
- Be part of a dynamic, expanding organisation in a rapidly growing sector within the UK
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car allowance, 25 days holidays, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection. In addition, we offer a comprehensive flexible benefits package including childcare vouchers, gym membership, dental insurance, cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, discounts in a vast range of restaurants and shops and many more!
- A vibrant and inspiring culture, based on innovation and flexibility.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer
Haku päättyy 2018-12-19