We invite you to bring your field work skills into play as you help us collect, interpret and manage site data and provide valuable input into the development of site-specific, risk-based remediation goals. To succeed in this role, you must have minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related discipline. Are you our new Environmental Consultant? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Environment and Health department
As our new Environmental Consultant, you will be part of our interdisciplinary St. Louis, MO team. You will work with all levels of expertise from entry level team members to members with decades of experience, many of whom are subject matter experts in their fields. Consultants and Managers are part of a continual learning environment where they learn through coaching, mentoring and on-the-job tasks.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Assisting with development of comprehensive site or facility investigations by participating in scope of work development, field work, and data analysis to characterize chemicals in soil, sediments, surface water, groundwater, air, and building surfaces
- Installation of monitoring wells and soil borings, characterization of lithology, collection of soil, sediment, surface water and groundwater samples, collection of ambient air and soil vapor samples, etc.
- Evaluation of environmental data to support environmental fate and transport assessments and extent and magnitude of contamination determinations for the evaluation of site closure options
- Preparation of air permit applications and air emissions calculations
- Rule research and interpretation
- Working with clients to develop project air data, documentation and reports
- Site visits to industrial facilities
- Regulatory compliance reporting and air emission inventories
- Special projects as directed
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Minimum of a BS in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology, Hydrogeology or a related discipline
- 3 - 5 years of work or directly related experience
- Classwork or experience with fate and transport, hydraulic, and/or hydrogeological modelling and GIS mapping a plus
- Knowledge of air permitting and modeling
- Experience with state air permitting and federal Clean Air Act regulations such as New Source Performance Standards and Maximum Achievable Control Technology standards a plus
- The physical requirements of this position may include the need for climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing/sitting/walking, pushing/pulling, and lifting. In certain situations, this position may expose the candidate to extremes in weather (hot/cold); high noise levels, to hazards such as a proximity to moving machine parts and moving vehicles, electrical current and exposure to chemicals. Employees may be required to take specific training and to wear personal protective equipment on some occasions.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Ability to travel up to 30% (on average) over the year. Travel may include overnight stay and may be out of state. Travel duration may range from one to several days’ dependent upon the specific requirements of each project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Good time management
- Detail oriented
- Active listener
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working outdoors
Welcome to our Environment & Health division
Ramboll develops innovative, scientifically sound solutions that help increase liveability by reducing pollution and restoring natural environments. One of the world’s leading environmental and health consultancies, our bright minds are trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Haku päättyy 2019-03-29
Toimipiste St. Louis, MO