Ramboll is a private engineering, design and environmental consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945. After having established an international network of 300 offices in 35 countries, the Edinburgh, UK office now seeks to employ an Environmental Consultant to join their Environment and Health Division, with the focus of the role to work alongside the established impact assessment team in day-to-day activities.
Ramboll operates a dynamic impact assessment team who enjoy working in a wide variety of different sectors including property, onshore renewable energy, transmission infrastructure, industrial development, offshore wind and offshore oil and gas decommissioning.
Main duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate will have well developed core consultancy skills with an understanding of environmental consenting processes in the UK and the relevant EIA process and regulations. The role will involve working as a key member of an established impact assessment team in supporting the coordination and management of a range of projects, across all sectors. The role will involve a combination of office and field work.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in working through the UK EIA process, knowledge of the principles of the UK planning process and the role of EIA within it. The candidate will demonstrate credible experience in a consultancy environment and have strong organisational and communication skills and excellent attention to detail.
The successful candidate will be tasked with the following daily duties:
- Desk-based environmental baseline data searches/collection
- Site inspections
- Report writing, including drafting environmental impact assessment (EIA) scoping and screening requests, as well as introductory Environmental Statement/ EIA report chapters
- Assisting in preparing tenders and fee proposals
- Coordinating EIA tasks, working alongside colleagues and supporting managers in the impact assessment team
Experience, Skills and Education
- Demonstrable ability to accurately record and interpret environmental data, e.g. through relevant field work experience in ecology survey, water quality monitoring or other relevant discipline;
- Competent and efficient report writing skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English (other languages advantageous)
- Numerically competent
- Well organised and able to prioritise their own workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to co-ordinate tasks and liaise with team members
- Ability and demonstrable experience in using IT packages including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Project;
- Ability and demonstrable experience in using ESRI ArcGIS (or similar) for spatial analysis and figure production, Resoft WindFarm (for production of wireline visualisations), Adobe InDesign (for production of high quality graphic designed leaflets and summary documents for public/stakeholder engagement), and Augmented Reality software e.g. VentusAR, for visualisations and site-based visual analysis;
- Experience working on design, layout, route selection and EIA in the UK context for renewables, linear infrastructure, property;
- Experience in supporting stakeholder engagement and public engagement as part of the pre-planning consultation processes;
- Experience/specialism in a specific discipline (advantageous)
- Appropriate degree in environmental sciences, environmental engineering or a related environmental discipline
- Relevant post-graduate degree in relevant specialism (advantageous)
- IEMA (or equivalent) membership – Graduate/Associate (advantageous but not essential)
- Full clean driving licence
- Prior project coordination experience on EIA projects
About Environment and Health
Environment and Health is a global division of Ramboll, a leading engineering, design and consultancy company. Trusted by clients to manage their most challenging environmental, health and social issues, it has more than 2,100 staff worldwide. The Ramboll Group works across the areas of Buildings, Transport, Planning and Urban Design, Water, Environment and Health, Energy, and Management Consulting, and has more than 13,000 experts across 300 offices in 35 countries.
Our UK business employs over 250 environmental science professionals in 14 locations and covers a breadth of consulting services structured around compliance, strategy and transactions, impact assessment, new initiatives and sustainability, product safety and stewardship, contaminated land, and Water. Our clients include UK and global multinationals, local and central government and international institutions.
Ramboll conducts all of its relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
Interested candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae with a covering letter detailing relevant experience to email@example.com quoting “JR5121" in the subject title.
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000 based on experience.
Haku päättyy 2019-01-19