Regional Human Resources Manager/Business Partner - West Region (Bay Area)
We invite you to bring your progressive Human Resources Generalist/Business Partner experience into play as you act as an employee advocate and change agent. To succeed in this role you must have a minimum of seven years of progressive HR Generalist/Business Partner experience, including benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, affirmative action, performance management, recruiting, and training and development. Are you our new West Regional Human Resources Manager/Business Partner? Click the apply button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
Join our Business Support department
As our new Regional Human Resources Manager/Business Partner you will be part of a fast-paced team of HR professionals who manage a wide variety of tactical HR functions for the US. Located in our Emeryville office in California’s Bay Area, you will work closely with US leadership to deliver value-added services to management and employees in our West region.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Partners with business unit (BU) management to provide advice, counseling and coaching regarding HR-related matters; schedules regular meetings with BU management to remain abreast of performance and other strategic issues within the various business units in the region.
- Provides regular HR support and guidance to the Regional COO. Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate, and works with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides guidance and support with respect to resolving complex and sensitive employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Assists with the development and delivery of performance counseling/improvement plans and provides support and guidance with respect to disciplinary action/terminations as needed.
- Manages regional HR Generalist, who is responsible for creating employee data records, recruiting activities, onboarding, and payroll/benefits administration, among several other duties.
- Remains abreast of general employment laws and trends as well as specific state regulations in the West region (California, in particular).
- Interprets and communicates Firm policies and guidelines and ensures that existing policies comply with local employment and related laws and regulations.
Required Qualifications: Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of progressive HR generalist/HR business partner experience, including benefits and compensation administration, employee relations, affirmative action, performance management, recruiting and training/development.
- Experience with employment laws in the State of CA as well as local regulations and ordinances is required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field; advanced degree preferred. HR Certification (particularly CA-related certification) is strongly preferred.
- Experience serving as a resource to highly educated/scientific and engineering employee population in multiple locations desired. Background in a professional services/consulting firm strongly preferred.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to lead change.
- Familiarity and/or experience with various HRIS and payroll systems (e.g. ADP and Workday); must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel and Power Point. Experience with SharePoint/OneDrive a plus.
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal communication and negotiation skills as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Must also possess strong problem solving and conflict management/resolution skills and be able to serve as a trusted advisor to management and employees.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and work with senior leaders as well as general employee population.
Welcome to our Support Organisation
In Ramboll’s Support Organisation we take pride in keeping Ramboll running smoothly, enabling bright minds throughout the organisation to focus on their areas of expertise as we tie together all parts of the business. We provide support within areas like Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Communication, Facility Management and more, coordinating efforts and securing common ground for the development and servicing of clients and markets.
Ramboll in Americas
Ramboll has nearly 2,000 experts working across 50 offices in the Americas applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions within Environment & Health, Water, Energy and Planning & Urban Design. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
Ramboll is an equal opportunity employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Ramboll will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: February 15, 2019.
Haku päättyy 2019-03-30
Toimipiste Emeryville, CA